Are you looking for an alternative to Caldera Forms? In this review, I will give you a complete look behind the scenes of each form’s builder.
Since forms are an essential part of your WordPress site. They allow people to contact you, help you compile your email list, allow visitors to register, and general power your WordPress site.
And that often-overlooked importance is why choosing a plug-in for your website should not be done without worry.
Little Overview About WPForms and Caldera Forms
What is WPForms?
WPForms is a wonderful new plugin for adding forms to WordPress. Use it to create any type of form, from simple contact forms to checkout solutions.
The “All forms” page is just like the Top-level Messages menu with all your messages. Not to mention, it’s one of the fastest plugins for contact forms in the area.
If you are looking for a more powerful solution, it is just as easy to use, then view the pro version of WPForms.
Collect payments from customers, conduct surveys, hire a new function with an application form and even enable smart conditional logic with the feature-packed pro version of WPForms.
If you work with WordPress for a while, you know WPForms.
WPForms is one of the simplest building block plug-ins for WordPress.
What is Caldera form?
Caldera Form is a powerful WordPress plug-in from Caldera Labs. That creates responsive forms with a simple editor for drag and drop.
Caldera Forms have several free, easy add-ons for each beginners and net developers. The visual editor of Caldera Forms simplifies the creation of forms for WordPress.
Set up your type with multiple columns, add extra pages and manage user responses with conditional logic to get more robust data and relevant information from your customers and visitors to your site.
Anti-spam, AJAX, notification emails and database access tracking are enabled by default.
Now you have the short explanation of WPForms vs Caldera Forms, I will elaborate much on WPForms vs caldera Forms plug-in…
WPForms and Caldera Forms Features
WPForms Builder Interface
WPForms definitely has the most user-friendly form builder. The builder looks good, is easy to navigate and should be easy to understand even for beginners.
You can easily drag form fields to the right to add them to your form. You can rearrange their order in the same way by dragging them.
And to edit specific details for each field, just click on it to open the edit window and provide a table with a summary of some important information for each option.
This form builder contains dozens of field types and gives you complete control over shipping confirmations and notification emails.
This is what you get with WPForms. And no, I didn’t just copy and paste this from the wpForms function list!
- Possibility to create an unlimited number of forms.
- Six editable type templates (more templates accessible for professional and Elite license holders).
- Ability to use conditional logic to control the visibility of fields.
- Ability to create forms with multiple pages.
- Form spam protection functions.
- File transfer field for acceptive files via forms.
- Advanced field varieties together with date and time fields.
- Ability to save, view and manage form entries in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Multiple input confirmation options for form input.
- Ability to send emails with form input to multiple recipients.
- Integration with Constant Contact’s email marketing service.
- AWeber, Campaign Monitor, Drip, GetResponse and MailChimp integration.
- PayPal and Stripe integration for collecting online payments.
- Survey and poll form fields.
- WordPress user registration and login fields.
- Geolocation for detecting the location of the user.
- Zapier integration.
- Submit forms for sending.
- Signature fields to allow users to sign an entry for entering forms.
- Leave Form function to save partially completed form entry.
Caldera Forms Builder interface
The builder of Caldera Forms is not flashy, but he gets the job done. I’m not sure how else to say it.
The design is simple and the user interface is not always as user-friendly as it should be. But once you’ve mastered it, it’s pretty easy to make shapes. Just like WPForms, Caldera Forms contains some templates that you can use to get started.
If you are an advanced WordPress user, or are willing to spend a little time learning the tricks of the world, the interface has everything you need.
While Caldera Forms functions
- Conditional logic.
- Date selector fields.
- Multiple page forms.
- Honeypot and CAPTCHA spam protection.
- Follow data in the database.
- Integration of e-mail marketing services.
- Integration of payment gateway.
- A / B testing for forms.
- Postmatic integration.
- Trigger WordPress promotions based on form submission.
- Text message notifications from form submissions.
Caldera Forms also recently added a subscription service that adds more functionality in addition to the extensions (higher levels of the Pro plan also give you access to some / all extensions):
- E-mail deliverability service to ensure that e-mails do not end up in spam folders.
- Statistics for the e-mails that your forms send.
- Form to PDF functionality.
Prices WPForms and Caldera Forms prices
WPForms offers 4 different rate plans: Basic, Plus, Pro and Elite. Their plans range from $ 39.50 a year to $ 299.50 a year.
Their prices are great for website owners who are just starting out and want access to powerful features while still staying within budget.
In addition, even with the cheapest plan, you can still create and receive unlimited forms, smart conditional logic, advanced fields and more.
If you want access to robust features such as payment integration and call forms, you must choose the most popular plan, Pro, for $ 199.50 a year.
While Caldera forms prices
Caldera Forms offers 5 different rate plans: Basic, starter, individual, advance and agency.
Their plans range from $ 49.99 / month for basic money to $ 549.89 per year.
Their prices are not great for website owners who are just starting out and want access to powerful features while remaining within budget.
Easy use of WPForms and Caldera forms
if you are looking for a form builder that is easy to use, with an intuitive user interface, then WPForms is a plug-in that really sets it apart from the competition.
While Caldera Forms
Caldera forms are not always as user-friendly as they should be, because it takes time to take the lead in order to meet the interface of Caldera forms.
Is WPForms the best plug-in for creating forms for WordPress sit? YES
If you want access to powerful functions such as payment integration, URL, date and time, file upload, address fields, conversation forms, 100% responsive website and when it comes to support, Basic and Plus licensees get access to the standard support service, Pro users get access to Priority support and Elite users get access to Premium support, you have to choose WPForms with a cheap subscription.
If you want to add a standard contact form to your WordPress website, the free WPForms Lite plug-in is highly recommended.
This plug-in not only makes it very easy to add a contact form to your site, but the intuitive Drag-and-Drop builder gives you a simple way to add extra fields to your form and display them to rearrange.